Are you wanting to give your home a fresh new look? How about adding some window shutters? Window shutters will transform your new interior design into a work of art by making the focal point your shutters and not the windows.
Using the right window treatments has always been a way to incorporate new design trends with an upscale, country, or any other look because of their customizable design possibilities.
There are some not so obvious things to consider before you design and install your new interior shutters.
However, let’s first answer the question “What are window shutters?” Then we’ll look at some the advantages of installing window shutters versus any other types of window blinds.
What Are Window Shutters?
Window shutters are window coverings that consist of a solid frame with Horizontal slats and vertical rails around the borders of the blinds.
The Advantages of Window Shutters
There are plenty of reasons for choosing to install window shutters over any other type of window shades, but here are 10 of the most common benefits you’ll enjoy if you decide to install shutters rather than mini blinds or shades.
- Protection from the sun, heat, cold, storm damage, flying debris, high winds, etc.
- Enhanced views of the outdoors.
- They add a touch of style and sophistication to your home.
- Window shutters offer more privacy than most other types of blinds.
- They are easily adjustable so you can always control the amount of light you let in, or not.
- Safety. Shutters eliminate the risk of choking when it comes to your children and pets because there are no cords.
- Security. Interior shutters come with a latch or lock for an added layer of security.
- Shutters are very easy to clean.
- They come in a wide variety of louver sizes, hinging colors, tilt-rods, number of panels, frames, and some are even available as motorized shades as well. Therefore, your new shutters can be easily customized to fit any decor or lifestyle.
- Versatility. Interior shutters can also be customized for odd shaped windows and doors.
OK, now for the not so obvious things to consider before you proceed.
The Not So Obvious Things You Need to Know When Buying Window Shutters
You will need to think about where you will be placing your decor and furnishings so everything will be compatible with your new interior shutters. Window shutters swing in; therefore, you will need to account for the swing as part of your final design.
Yes, window shutters cost more than other window treatment options, initially. However, shutters will last you a lifetime and they are very hard to damage, so you won’t have the need to replace them every few years. And, if you change the color of your decor, you can just paint your shutters to match. Easy, Peasy!
Just because you have tilt-in windows doesn’t mean you can’t install shutters. It simply means you will have to install the shutters on the outside of the window opening rather than the inside of the window opening. No big deal and definitely not a deal-breaker!
Request an Estimate for Window Shutters
Are you excited? Then let’s get started!
If you would like a free quote on installing some new window shutters, contact us today and we’ll do the rest.
Yes, it really is that easy!
Categorised in: Shutters